By: Pradeep Gowda, Master Trainer for Yoga at Curefit
With nostalgia, the end of something also brings hope for change. Every year, the heady festivities in December give way to enthusiasm for making resolutions to kick start the New Year. People generally seek to grow, to be better versions of themselves. No matter what aspect of your life you wish to transform, Yoga is a good catalyst that can help achieve several goals. By practicing Yoga, you will just not be ticking another item on your list but will gain a whole new lifestyle.
If you are skeptical about making a commitment to Yoga, here are five instances where Yoga can change your life and help in refreshing your New Year :
- Building the mind and body connection: Yoga does not benefit your body by keeping it fit but also enhances the wellness of your mind.Be it weight management or overcoming stress, Yoga helps in transforming the physical and mental manifestations of a problem.
- Yoga helps in various stages of sickness: the practice of Yoga results in positive energy and strengthens your mind. This helps in minimizing the effects of depression and mental trauma. It also complements the therapies and medications that you undergo at any point in life
- Age is not a matter of concern: Yoga is accessible to all age groups, it really doesn’t matter if you are 7 or 70, and there is a yoga just right for you. The right yoga will help you address your unique needs which is different by age, profession, interest and physical ability.
- Get off to a great start: The practice of Yoga also inculcates a strong sense of discipline in every aspect of your life. Dedicated pursuit of Yoga will help you overcome your fears and shed complacency, to start on that one idea you have been waiting to breathe life into, whether the plunge to become an entrepreneur or musician.
- Stronger relationships: The practice of Yamas of Astanga Yoga will help you deal with relationships issues, be it at home, at work or the society. By knowing oneself better, he/she understands and appreciates others.Also for all the tree huggers out there, the practice of Yamas of Astanga yoga will bolster your cause to create a harmonious co-existence with all of Nature and living forms around us.
Without any second thought, make this New Year better with healthy and peaceful lifestyle. Your resolution could also bring in happiness to your loved ones around you. The calm and relaxed state of mind that one experiences after the yoga sessions will be helpful in thinking clearly and getting the priorities right. In addition to these benefits, the practice of Yoga can also lead to a spiritual awakening irrespective of tradition or religion, thereby helping you find a deeper meaning to your life.
About the Author: Pradeep is an engineering graduate by education, entrepreneur by vocation, and a Hata yogi by samskara. He draws massively from his past encounters, an abundance of learning particular to Yoga, Ayurveda and Indian rationalities, bringing into every engagement an authentic and an all-encompassing methodology.